Monday, May 15, 2017

My Personal Experience of Faith, Zeal and Communal Service

        In my 22 years of existence, I knew that there is a Creator. The one that designed the earth and all the species known to man. From the sea, land, air and space, everything is magnificent and perfect wherever you look. Faith, a word that have multiple meaning to a person, but for me, Faith means God, for without him, faith just becomes a word without significant meaning. Everybody’s been through a lot, and I know it sometimes hard to understand but everyday a miracle always happens, we don’t see just as that, for we see it as only a coincidence. But I know that everything happens for a reason.
       I was raise in San Agustin, Romblon. I am the fourth child in a family of five. My parents were both teacher in college. Right now, we reside in Cajidiocan Romblon where they teach. Although we are not raise to always go to church every Sunday, they still talked to us about God and how good he is, they always told us to be humble and be good to others. Moreover, they are always hardworking and caring, they demonstrated good traits that are worth emulating.
      In our family there is a famous story of my grandmother, that when she was a baby and a cute one, she’s about to be killed by the spanish but because of her innocence and adorability, the spanish didn’t kill her and let her live. For me, it is a miracle for without her she will not conceive my mother and my mother will not conceive us. It is a miraculuous and remarkable thing that happened in our family, and for that I know that we are blessed.
       However there are times when I question myself if there’s really a God. With Science being pessimistic about that there is no creator and that everything just started with a big bang. They have these many explanations and evidences to show that there is no God. Then I came upon these passage in the bible, John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” I don’t think people should be punished because they question the existence of God, I believed that God made people curious and inquisitive for I think it is also the reason of their existence, which is to believe in God without any evidence that he is always there, just like the air we breath, we don’t see it but we can feel it, and that is what I call faith.
            Zeal, or active expression of faith in gospel witness and service. We all do something that would make us feel good spiritually, others pray in the morning, night and whenever they have problems, while other read the bible everyday or attend church or something like that. My commitment to God is when I read the bible and it is in this moment that if feel like talking to him one on one. All my questions and queries can be found in the holy book which is why I become closer to him. My dream is to help a lot of people in the future, just like what he did in the bible, he helped a myriad of people and didn’t want anything in return. Being selfless, that is the best thing that I’ve learned from him, don’t be selfish and always help other in the things that you know. Right now, I will first concentrate in helping myself so that I can prove that I can also help other.I wanted to be an inspiration and to serve as an example.
          Although I’m not a zealot follower, I still consider myself a good christian, I do not harm others, I don’t talk badly to other people, and the fact remains that I believe in God, and I do things that I know would please him. We all have our own personal devotion to God, mine is a little bit different but I know that it’s still a good thing, we just have our own beliefs.
Communion it’s about the dynamic of association by which the first Brothers bonded together for the sake of the particular mission entrusted to them by God. Communion has four dimensions. As a relationship with God, which is the source of all mission and ministry, as a way of achieving the mission, it suggests the solidarity and collaboration that comes from sharing in one vision, one spirit and one mission; as a way of relating to others, it suggests openness to all persons and the desire to be brother or sister to all especially those in need; as a goal of mission, it suggests the unity that comes through reconciliation between God, human beings and creation.
In our family, I have two (2) sisters and two (2) brothers. Having them makes me stronger, wiser, kinder, and compassionate. They are one who helped me when I struggle in something, they guide me on what to do whenever I encounter a problem, be it in school or friends. They serve as my guidance and mentor. Without them, I don’t know what I would have become. Now I see why having them is such an important matter in my life. Just like in the brotherhood founded by St. Lasalle, he knows that in order to accomplish in something, he needs a brotherhood, for no one can do big things with yourself only. Group and association can also be found in our community.
            Community, a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common. We live in our day to day lives and we always stumbled upon the people in our community. We all know that living in an area can also be your responsibility. As a person living in the community we are all accountable for peace, for prosperity and making sure that everything is okay, and we have our own function in the community be it small or great. In my experience, there are abundant problems out there, like people who have no home, children that in need of care and people who are so poor and in need of a job. Helping the community can be a great way to aid our country. When people are united, there is a great chance in making the community peaceful, problem free and will have greater economy. My communal services Is to help as long as it is in my reach, by being kind to others, attend community gatherings, be being friendly to my neighbors and being a good person is vital towards becoming a great citizen living in the community.
      I was inspired of the story of St. Lasalle, helping the poor to have education, how to teach and care for young people, how to meet failure and frailty with compassion, how to affirm, strengthen and help.  The level of his commitment to help out the poor in his community is quite massive, and I couldn’t help but admire him in his work. And now, he is known all over the world, which I believed he deserved it. Only few people can do what he did, and I plan on helping others in my own way just like what he did to other people.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment